Thursday 17 May 2012

23 things...

Hello,

My name is Rachel and although you can see I have already blogged before, it can hardly be said that I do so frequently! Last week I registered to take part in Cambridge's 23 Things for Professional Development. I have heard so much about this scheme in my ten months here as Graduate Trainee Librarian at St John's College, Cambridge, and so it is quite exciting to actually get started on it! I realise I am rather late in beginning, there are just never enough hours in the day, but I plan to catch up in the next couple of days.

I am probably going to repeat things said elsewhere on this page, but anyhow. I am just coming to the end of my time as a trainee at John's, and from September will be studying for a masters in Library and Information Sciences at Aberystwyth by distance learning. So currently I am on a job search! From being here I decided that I did not want to return to being a student (having done that for 4 years was quite enough), I love actually having a job and feeling I am doing something with my life. I hope to finish my MA at relative speed, so allowing me to progress from whatever position I get starting in August (fingers crossed).

I hope cdp23 will help me to learn more about areas of social media and ways to use the internet that I have not come across yet. There are definitely a few 'things' that I have not heard of. One other advantage could be actually reminding me to blog! I seem to have no difficulty doing this for our trainee's CATALOG website...


No comments:

Post a Comment